Julie’s empathic, non-judgmental approach to clients seeking support for a broad range of difficulties has lead to effective therapeutic partnerships for over twenty years. Julie has extensive experience conducting assessments and providing personalized therapy for individuals, couples, families and groups dealing with complex difficulties.
Julie’s work has included:
• Specialized assessment and relapse prevention therapy for individuals (adults and adolescents) facing criminal charges (sexual offences, domestic violence, criminal harassment, breach of conditions) or for those who are concerned that their behaviour is harmful or illegal.
• Risk assessments and court reports for clients in conflict with the law.
• Family and couple dynamics.
• Coping with work-life balance, life transitions, anxiety, depression and substance abuse.
• anger management
• The provision of family support regarding major mental illness (psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety), incest (parent-child; sibling-sibling), gender identity disorder, and adolescent-parent conflict.